Wednesday 13 November 2013

Social class table

I have decided to aim my music magazine towards young teenage girls, these would fall into the unemployed/recieving benefits category of the social class table I found. My target audience will most likely not buy this magazine themselves considering they are not at the working age their parents may buy it for them, because of this I need to make the price of the magazine as affordable as possible.
After doing some research on music magazine price I saw that they are very varied. Billboard magazine is definetly aimed towards middle class and higher, this is consdiered expensive for a music magazine to most. You can tell this mazgine is quite high end from the look and style aimed towards students and people older and will have a lot of  content inside. I can assume this magazine would have issues less frequently becuase of the large content and higher price, it may come out just monthly.
We love pop on the other hand is the opposite, at just £1.00 it is much cheaper. I can assume it has less pages and content inside and most probably no free gift, this is aimed towards young teenagers in other words those unemployed or in working class. The magzine may also have issues more often, for exmaple every fortnight.
Top of the pops seems to be in the middle compared to these two, at a price of £2.99. I assume this magazine would have a free gift included and a fair amount of content, this is aimed to younger teenagers also however it is a better magazine to some competition. This magaizne would be aimed to those from working class to lower middle class, and will probably also have an issue every fortnight.

   Top of the pops (£2.99)






          Billboard  (£5.50)








   We love pop (£1.00)



From this research and since my target audience is young teenage girls I will be pricing my magazine around the £2.00 mark, so most similar to "Top of the pops". I believe this is a sensible price as my magazine will feature a small free gift in very issue and have a fair amount of content, whilst being on the cheaper side compared to others on the market. Young girls aged 12-16 are the people who would most likely buy this, and considering my earlier statement of their parents paying for the issue I believe my chosen price is sensible and can be bought by even the lowest social classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment